Thursday 4 August 2011

Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Nancy (at the in-person Parking counter): Good Morning, how can I help you?
Guy (around 19 yrs old): Hey, I just have these two tickets I need to pay.
(Each ticket is $30.00 for parking on private property. He hands me $60 in cash.)

Nancy: Okay, so, let me just check their status in my system first.
(I type in the ticket numbers into our savvy system - take $40.00 of his dollars, return to him $10.00 and a receipt, along with the second ticket, saying): It’s your lucky day - the system indicates that one of the tickets has been cancelled, so it’s only $30.00.

Guy: Huh….how come?
Nancy: I don’t know, there is no reason provided, it’s just been cancelled (I shrug and smile at him).
Guy: Are you sure?
Nancy: Yes…I’m sure.
(He raises his eyebrows and looks over to his friend who is sitting in the office. He then leans on the counter towards me, looks me in the eye, and says,) 'Ohhhhhh, I see' (..and gives me a long wink).
Nancy: Uh, the ticket was cancelled by the officer, not me.
Guy: Yeahp, don’t worry… I getcha. You have a lovely day, miss. Thank you. (He winks a second time, and walks out of the office with his friend, nudging him on their way out the door)

No comments:

Post a Comment