Friday 15 July 2011

Nancy: GMP.
Man (30): Hi there. I don't know if I have the right extension here but I'm looking to file a complaint about parking.
Nancy: Okay, you have the right extension. Go ahead.
Man (30): On my street there are cars constantly parked in front of my house.
Nancy: I can send out an officer. Are the vehicles there now?
Man (30): Yes.
Nancy: Okay and your address?
Man (30): 149 Franklin Avenue.
Nancy: Okay, great, thanks I'll send someone out now.
Man (30): No no, just wait a minute now.
Nancy:...Yes?
Man (30): I am wondering if I can speak with an Anne.
Nancy: Anne?
Man (30): Yes, Anne.
Nancy: We don't allow the public to speak directly to the officers, sorry.
Man (30): Well. I spoke with one of your officers a year ago when I saw her on the street. I think her name was Anne, and she had promised me that she would send an officer daily to my street. (Pause). And that hasn't happened.
Nancy: Okay. Sorry about that. Unfortunately we can't send an officer out everyday because we don't have the staff to accommodate that on every street, but I will ensure that your street is monitored by the officers regularly and increasingly.
Man (30): Wonderful, thank you.
Nancy: Not a problem. Have a good weekend.
Man (30): Uh, no, just wait a minute.
Nancy: ...Yes?
Man (30): I don't think you're following.
Nancy: No.....I don't think I am.
Man (30): Anne needs to go.
Nancy: Pardon?
Man (30): Now, she made me a promise last year, and she failed to follow through with her promise. She lied to me, and now she's got to go.
Nancy: You might have spoken with one officer, but it is the whole force's duty to patrol the street, and I am more than sure we can do that now and solve any problems you're having.
Man (30): (calm and assertive): I want Anne's job. She has let me and the residents surrounding me down miserably. Miserably. Do you understand?
Nancy: .Yes....(hesitating).....Okay....I can forward you onto the Manager of the officers and you can file a complaint.
Man (30): Great. And your name is?
Nancy: (laughing.....hesitating) Nancy.
Man Don't worry. Don't be frightened, Nancy. Good bye.
Nancy: Okay, I'll put you through.
*transfers call*

No comments:

Post a Comment